Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Salad



My mother has a habit of buying me things at sam's club in large quantities, which I might not necessarily buy myself. Example: Canned Chicken breast (see picture). Not to be confused with nasty little cans of pureed chicken. This is a quality product. Just strange! She used to buy it for me all the time in college, and I never really knew what to do with it. I made chicken salad with it and curry chicken salad, but I just never enjoyed it. So I would give this canned chicken to Rob (this was before we were dating but lived together in a giant de facto co-ed fraternity). Rob a lover of all things spicy came up with this super easy recipe!



  • 1 Can of Chicken Breast
  • 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (adjust at will)
  • 2 tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot (this works best for us but please use your favorite Buffalo sauce)
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup dice onion

Drain the can of chicken and shred it with a fork in a medium sized bowl. It comes in big chunks, so it's nice to have it more manageable. Combine all the ingredients. Adjust the hot sauce levels to your liking. (Rob put even more hot sauce right on the bread!) We had ours on wheat bread (mine toasted!) Also since I had an avocado that needed to be eaten we put in chunks of that in the sandwiches which proved to be very tasty.

Please enjoy this Robot House Recipe!

1 comment: