In another episode of "what am I going to do with all of the stuff leftover from last week's CSA before I pick up THIS WEEK'S" ....
- 1 package of chicken thighs
- Trader Joe's Thai yellow curry sauce
- a little peanut oil
- green beans
- sugarsnap peas
- On a medium heat in a pan with a little but of oil pan brown the the chicken just a little put on each side. Concurrently you can be steaming the vegetables in a separate pan.
- Flip the chicken and add the bottle of curry sauce, I added a little water too to get the last of the sauce out of the jar.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until the chicken starts to look cooked.
- At this point it was tender enough to be pulled apart by chopsticks. Pull it apart so the chicken is in smaller bite sized pieces.
- Only cook the veggies until al dente, drain and add to the pan with the chicken
- Let it simmer a bit more for the veggies to soak up some flavor, maybe 5 minutes on low to let the liquid thicken.
- Serve hot over rice
You can substitute basically any vegetable or meat (or tofu) you want, also if you are more patient you can cook the veggies right in the simmer sauce but this was quicker!